GENERAL FACILITY RULES
- The Beach, The Sports Cabana and Bermuda’s Grill & Bar (“Facilities”) are organized to provide a recreational, fun and safe social environment.
- EVERYONE WHO ENTERS THE FACILITIES ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY WHEN PLAYING OR BEING A SPECTATOR AT THE FACILITIES. PLAY OR SPECTATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- No outside food or beverages (including ice chests and coolers), except players and spectators will be allowed to bring in transparent plastic bottles/jugs filled with water only.
- No one is permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into the Facilities and no alcoholic beverages are permitted to leave the Facilities. The Facilities must adhere to TABC laws. Bags or water containers may be checked upon entering and at any time prior to leaving the Facilities. Alcoholic beverages cannot be consumed in parking lot.
- No glass containers, aluminum cans or sand toys are allowed in any of the Facilities.
- No skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller blades, roller skates or hoverboards are allowed.
- No smoking or other tobacco product use is allowed.
- The use of any illegal substances is prohibited in the Facilities, including parking lots and surrounding areas.
- No children should be left unattended or not supervised.
- No climbing fences.
- No standing on, jumping over, or walking on any walls, including CMU block, plastic walls, and rails.
- No gambling is allowed in the Facilities.
- No pets, except for animals assisting those with disabilities.
- The possession of weapons, explosives or firearms while in the Facilities , including parking lots and surrounding areas are strictly forbidden.
- The Facilities are not responsible for any items lost or stolen in the Facilities, including parking lots and surrounding areas. Also, the Facilities are not responsible for any items left in a locker or left in the care of any employees or staff at the Facilities.
- Outside showers and sand are for player use only. Playing in showers, digging holes, building sand castles or similar modifications, burying yourself or others in sand, or throwing rocks in the sand are strictly prohibited.
- Theft, destruction or damaging of the Facilities is strictly prohibited.
- Fighting, boisterous conduct, profane or obscene language, or harassing others, either verbally, physically or sexually is strictly prohibited.
- Cars illegally parked in a handicap space or fire lane are subject to towing at the car owner’s expense.
- The Facilities reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone wearing clothing with wording or designs that may be deemed inappropriate. Proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Proper language, etiquette, and courtesy shall be practiced at all times.
- Except with the permission of the Facilities, no person can do any of the following: a) charge fees or solicit anything; b) sell or offer for sale any food, drinks, merchandise or service or conduct any commercial business activities of any kind; and/or c) post, display, distribute or erect any advertising, notice, billboard, paper or other advertising device, information or materials.
- No practicing or warm up on or around concrete walkways, spectator areas or parking lot. Practicing and warm up shall be done in designated areas only.
- Upon entering the Facilities, a person consents to video monitoring.
- Tents and shade canopies are allowed at The Beach but cannot exceed 10′ x 10′ and cannot contain any sponsor logos.
- All Rules and Regulations and policies of the Facilities and of any third party sponsors or promoters must be followed.
- The Facilities reserve the right to eject any person for violating the Rules and Regulations for the Facilities.
- The Rules and Regulations are subject to change at any time in the sole discretion of the Facilities’ management.
- VIOLATORS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES.
OPEN WOUND POLICY
Anyone who is bleeding or who has blood on his/her clothing shall be prohibited from participating in any activity at the Facilities until appropriate treatment has been administered. If medical care or treatment can be administered in a reasonable amount of time, the individual would not have to leave the Facilities. What is considered “reasonable” shall be determined by the official(s) in any competition or if an official is not used, then the director of such competition.
Due care must be taken when dealing with anyone who is bleeding or has an open wound in order to avoid potentially contracting blood-borne diseases. Anyone participating in an activity at the Facilities who is bleeding must contact either the official, director of such competition or management for the Facilities. Any residual blood must be properly cleaned up prior to the recommencement of play.
ANYONE AT THE FACILITIES ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ACTIVITIES AT THE FACILITIES.
LIGHTNING POLICY FOR OUTDOOR EVENTS
To provide a safe environment, The Beach has established guidelines and procedures for inclement weather. Lightning is a hazard that must be taken seriously by everyone. However, even when the skies look relatively clear, a lightning strike can still occur. This policy serves to inform everyone at The Beach of the guidelines to utilize when thunderstorms approach, as follows:
- Thunder and lightning necessitates that all play of whatever nature must be suspended everywhere on The Beach property.
- If an event is being run by an outside third party, a plan for shelter should be discussed and explained by such third party prior to the start of any event.
- Everyone should immediately seek shelter inside the building or in a vehicle anytime they believe lightning threatens them even if they are not instructed to do so.
When thunder is heard and/or when lightning is seen, the following procedures should be adhered to:
- You must suspend play. All participants and spectators should go inside the building or inside a vehicle with a solid metal top (e.g. bus, van, car).
- Do not stand under or near a tree. Stay away from poles, metal fencing, high places, open areas, overhead wires, power lines, telephones and cellular phones, radios, golf carts, any standing water, antennas, and underground watering systems.
- After thunder and/or lightning have left the area, wait approximately 30 minutes after the last boom is heard or strike is seen before resuming play or competition.
The Beach provides very limited shelter from thunder and lightning. Everyone who enters The Beach needs to have a vehicle available to seek shelter. Parents are responsible for the safety of their minor children even when left unattended so Parents are encouraged to stay with their children at The Beach. Parents must discuss this policy with the child and make him or her aware of what vehicle will be available to seek shelter in the absence of the parent.
WEATHER IS AN INHERENT RISK OF ACTIVITIES AT THE BEACH. ANYONE AT THE BEACH ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.
Thanks for your cooperation and helping to put safety first.